When it comes to river tours, riding a canoe or a kayak is one of the best ways to enjoy. There are various places in the country such as Nashville which are ideal for canoe trips. You can see different people who are canoe enthusiasts traveling these rivers regularly. However, you do not have to own a canoe or kayak to enjoy such experience. You can rent a canoe and have the same wonderful experience as other people. When it comes to renting a canoe, there are things you need to consider.
1. Location – Which river do you want to travel to? Which county or place you want to start and end your canoe tour? Some locations have rapids that are not ideal for relaxation but for a thrilling adventure. If you want to relax and have a safe canoe trip, choose a location that has a calm river and without predators like alligators or crocodiles.
2. Duration – How long do you want to rent a canoe? You can rent a canoe for an hour or several hours. This is ideal if you only want a day worth of canoe trip. However, if you are planning a river adventure for several days, you need to see if you can rent a canoe for the entire duration of your trip.
3. Experience – Are you an experienced canoeist? How much experience do you have using a canoe? If it is your first time or you are not confident riding a canoe on your own, you must consider hiring a guide and skilled local canoeist who knows the river inside out. This will ensure you will have a safe and smooth tour of the river.
4. The number of people – How many people is going to ride the canoe? Are you alone or do you have companions? The number of people going for a canoe trip will determine the size and number of canoes you need to rent. Do not rent a canoe that is not appropriate for the number of participants of the trip. The right size and number of canoes can determine the comfort and safety of the group during the entire trip.
5. Time – When do you plan to have a canoe trip? There are months which are peak canoe season and the rate could be higher with many people going on canoe trips. Some months are too cold for canoe trips while others might be storm season that can cause floods.
6. Rental package – Canoe trips might not be just renting a canoe. You can get rental packages that include lodge and food accommodation as well as experienced guides. There are even packages with multiple adventure activities so if you want a complete outdoor experience, you might consider looking for the right rental package.
7. Advance booking – Booking in advance can definitely give you discounts. The discount varies depending on how far ahead you book your canoe trip and the type of rental package you avail.
When it comes to canoe trips, make sure to consider Nashville canoe trips as people consider it among the best in the country.